San Vito is about an hour from the port and airport of Cagliari and from the port of Arbatax. Thanks to its geographical position, it is an excellent starting point for excursions into Sardinia’s inland and towards Ogliastra. San Vito is 8 km from the beach of San Giovanni di Muravera and in just twenty minutes you can visit the most beautiful beaches of the South East coast, such as Feraxi, Costa Rei and Villasimius, using the SS125 route. From San Vito you can also explore the mountains and plateaus of Gerrei which follows the Flumendosa valley, immersing yourself in the scents and colours of the Mediterranean countryside.
San Vito extends over a fertile territory, producing excellent citrus fruits and is characterised by the numerous presence of prehistoric sites and industrial archaeology. San Vito is a town of just under four thousand inhabitants within Sarrabus and is very tied to tradition, as witnessed by the ancient Sanvitese costume.
What to visit
- San Lussorio in the centre of San Vito
- The Ancient Portals in the historic centre of San Vito
- The mining village of Monte Narba • The “Luna Lughente” winery in Brecca
- The Sanctuary of S.Priamo Martire, S. Priamo and domu de Janas
- The Asoronuraghe
- The domus de Janas by Pranu Narbonis
- The Genna Mesa nuraghe
- The Luigi Lai Academy of Launeddas